The function of a spheronizer is to convert extrudes into spheroids. Spheronization is the necessary second step of granulation by extrusion – spheronization process where pharmaceutical products are made into small spheres or spheroids.
HOW IT WORKS
- Technical Specification
- Safety Features
- The function of a spheronizer is to convert extrudes into spheroids. Spheronization is the necessary second step of granulation by extrusion – spheronization process where pharmaceutical products are made into small spheres or spheroids.
- Spheronizer consists of a plate, which is having a special cross-hatched groves, known as chequered plate. This plate rotates inside a cylindrical bowl.
- The radial clearance between the plate and the bowl is kept minimal (<0.3 mm) to reduce the powder leakage.
- Purging air is supplied in this gap to prevent the falling of powder beneath the chequered plate. This air also helps for the evaporation of excess moisture from extrude and prevent particle agglomeration.
- While rotating in the grooved plate with pre-desired groove size, the vermicelli will fragment into pieces with length equal to the diameter of extrudes.
- Broken extrudes, because of the tangential force and centrifugal force, collide with the cylindrical wall of the spheronizer. The rotating rope type movement of extrudes at the outer border of the bowl gives a rolling action on the fragmented extrudes and it will be converted to spheres.
- When the particles attain required spherical shape they are centrifugally discharged through the discharge door which opens into the discharge hopper.
- Model No. VJSpheronizer-Labmini
- Capacity – 100 to 500 gm/batch (App. 15 kg/hour)
- Drum built in a single piece to avoid contamination.
- Stainless steel 316 construction contact parts rest Stainless steel 304.
- Modular, Compact, Cost efficient & GMP design.
- Continuous operation.
- All the m/c components are precisely processed in CNC, hence interchangeability is assured.
- Shaft assembly is being provided with thrust and radial bearings
- Lifting arrangements for ease of removal of Checkered Plate for cleaning and quick rest.
- VFD Driven motor for infinite variable speed for Checkered Plate.
- Air purging from below to avoid material falling down.
- Discharge hopper is special design so that pellet cannot be damaged during discharge.
*Capacities mentioned above depend on samples used and may vary accordingly.
- Emergency stop switch.
- Auto stop feature when process time completes.
- MSME Certificate
- ISO Certificate
- GMP Certificate
- CE Certificate
Note: VJ Instruments product development is a continuous process so specifications may change without prior notification.